In collaboration with the International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation (ISRHML), the Family Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation (FLRF) is helping to cultivate the next generation of experts in the field of breastfeeding and breastmilk with the ISRHML-Family Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation Trainee Expansion Program (TEP).
ISRHML and FLRF launched the international career development campaign in 2016 to attract new talent to the human milk and lactation research and help those just starting out in their independent research careers. TEP scholarships offer unique opportunities to build experience and foster working relationships with peers and mentors from around the world.
“TEP scholarships provide truly unique opportunities for trainees and early independent professionals to move their careers forward in innovative ways. Current trainees can gain new perspectives and expertise through the TTF and newly independent individuals can apply for up to USD 100,000 to facilitate their success in establishing their independent research careers. We welcome applications from those already in the field and those from other fields wishing to enter into the increasingly prominent field of human milk and lactation to apply.”
– Sharon Donovan, PhD, RD and ISRHML President (2018-2020) and Professor and Melissa M. Noel Endowed Chair in Nutrition and Health, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Merit-based TEP scholarships come in two sizes, and are open to ISRHML members from various disciplines, from all over the world
• Short-term Trainee Travel Funds – offering up to USD 10,000 for activities of up to three months
• Longer-term Trainee Bridge Funds – offering up to USD 100,000 for projects of up to one year
Are you interested in furthering your research career, acquiring a new skill set or expanding your professional network to another lab or country? (Or does this sound like someone you know?) Applications are welcome! For guidance on field-specific terminology, please refer to LactaPedia – A glossary of lactation for science and medicine.
Application deadlines and other important dates
• Trainee Bridge Fund: 30 June
• Trainee Travel Fund: 1 December (of prior year) and 30 June
• Selection decisions by Revision Board: 1 March (TTF only) and 1 September (TTF and TBF)
• Earliest start date of funded activity: 1 April (TTF only) and 1 October (TTF and TBF)
You can learn more about previous TEP awardees and their work in the Hall of Fame.