We see the promotion of young researchers, by facilitating their career advancement at critical steps, as a key responsibility of FLRF.
In collaboration with the International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation (ISRHML), we are helping to cultivate the next generation of experts in the field of breastfeeding and breastmilk through the Trainee Expansion Program (TEP).
ISRHML and FLRF launched the international career development campaign in 2016 to attract new talent to the field and help those just starting out. The scholarships offer opportunities to build experience and foster working relationships with peers and mentors from around the world.
Merit-based TEP scholarships come in two sizes, and are open to ISRHML members from various disciplines, from all over the world:
• Short-term Trainee Travel Funds – offering up to CHF 10,000 for activities of up to three months
• Longer-term Trainee Bridge Funds – offering up to CHF 100,000 for projects of up to one year
Are you interested in furthering your research career, acquiring a new skill set or expanding your professional network to another lab or country? (Or does this sound like someone you know?) Applications are welcome … we wish you good luck!
Application deadlines and other important dates
• Trainee Bridge Fund: 30 June
• Trainee Travel Fund: 1 December (of prior year) and 30 June
• Selection decisions by Revision Board: 1 March (TTF only) and 1 September (TTF and TBF)
• Earliest start date of funded activity: 1 April (TTF only) and 1 October (TTF and TBF)
For guidance on field-specific terminology, please refer to LactaPedia – A glossary of lactation for science and medicine.
You can learn more about previous TEP awardees and their work in the Hall of Fame.