Would you like to learn more about the important questions our partners are investigating and the discoveries they're making? Please check here for new research findings - open access articles will be added as they are published.
Family Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation Chair in Human Lactology, The University of Western Australia
• A role for early oral exposure to house dust mite allergens through breast milk in IgE-mediated food allergy susceptibility. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2020.
• Malaria Antigen Shedding in the Breast Milk of Mothers From a Region With Endemic Malaria. JAMA Pediatrics. 2020.
• Shaping the Gut Microbiota by Breastfeeding: The Gateway to Allergy Prevention? Frontiers in Pediatrics. 2019.
Antibiotic Prophylaxis in Breastfed HIV-Exposed Uninfected (HEU) Infants, University of KwaZulu-Natal
• Effect of co-trimoxazole prophylaxis on morbidity and mortality of HIV-exposed, HIV-uninfected infants in South Africa: a randomised controlled, non-inferiority trial. The Lancet Global Health. 2019.
Breastfeeding in Conflict Settings, Aga Khan University and the BRANCH Consortium (Bridging Research and Action in Conflict Settings for the Health of Women and Children)
Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly: A Guide to Global Scale-Up, Yale School of Public HealthCosts of maternity leave to support breastfeeding; Brazil, Ghana and Mexico
• Costs of maternity leave to support breastfeeding; Brazil, Ghana and Mexico. World Health Organization Bulletin. 2020.
• Scaling up breastfeeding policy and programs in Samoa: application of the Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly initiative. International Breastfeeding Journal. 2020.
• Scaling Up Breastfeeding in Myanmar through the Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly Initiative. Current Developments in Nutrition. 2019.
• Factors influencing the implementation of the Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly initiative in Ghana. Maternal and Child Nutrition. 2019.
• How does "Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly" work? A Programme Impact Pathways Analysis. Maternal and Child Nutrition. 2019.
• Development and pretesting of "Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly": Empowering governments for global scaling up of breastfeeding programmes. Maternal and Child Nutrition. 2019.
• Can “Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly” Impact Breastfeeding Protection, Promotion, and Support in Mexico? A Qualitative Study. Food and Nutrition Bulletin. 2018.
• Perspective: What Will It Cost to Scale-up Breastfeeding Programs? A Comparison of Current Global Costing Methodologies. Advances in Nutrition. 2018.
• Pilot testing of the Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly toolbox in Ghana. International Breastfeeding Journal. 2018.
• Scaling Up Breastfeeding Programs in Mexico: Lessons Learned from the Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly Initiative. Current Developments in Nutrition. 2018.
• Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly Index: Development and application for scaling‐up breastfeeding programmes globally. Maternal and Child Nutrition. 2018.
• Das internationale Forschungsvorhaben Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly. Untersuchung von Rahmenbedingungen zur Stillförderung [Becoming breastfeeding friendly in Germany-an international research project to assess the readiness to scale up breastfeeding]. Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2018.
LactaPedia - A glossary of lactation for science and medicine, The University of Western Australia
• Development of LactaPedia: A lactation glossary for science and medicine. Maternal & Child Nutrition. 2020.
Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation Mother-Milk-Infant Center of Research Excellence, University of California San Diego
• Distance, Diffusion, and the Role of Social Media in a Time of COVID Contagion. Maternal & Child Nutrition. 2020.
• A qualitative examination of barriers against effective medical education and practices related to breastfeeding promotion and support in Lebanon. Medical Education Online. 2020.
• Getting schooled: teachers’ views on school-based breastfeeding education in Lebanon. International Breastfeeding Journal. 2019.
• A case study on breastfeeding education in Lebanon's public medical school: exploring the potential role of social networks in medical education. Medical Education Online. 2018.
• Human milk oligosaccharides, milk microbiome and infant gut microbiome modulate neonatal rotavirus infection. Nature Communications. 2018.
Role of Breastfeeding in Neonatal Bacterial Colonisation, Mucosal Immunology and Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Harvard Medical School